 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 270
Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:38:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes:
Just a follow up to the results of the Kids area at the recent NGLTC show.
First of all it worked great, these kids were climbing over each other to
play. So next show the table will have to be twice as big. For this show I
had a 3'x6' table, 2' high. Three sides had house rain gutters attached and
the forth side had a plexiglass wall. There was a simple figure eight track
and the 3225 engine. I had supplied some pre-built flat cars for the kids to
build on, but they soon decided to take those apart and make their own. Not
once did I ever have to instruct the kids on how to build the trains or run
them. There was even one little girl who didn't like the fact that the boys
were running the train, so she made a train that had sails and she blew it
around the track...oh what a great toy LEGO makes, no limits.

I would also like to thank Brad Justus and the LEGO Company for the donation
of bricks for the Kids area, sure took the stress off of me worrying about
the bricks getting lost or broken.

We're looking at incorporating a kid's play area into our show layouts.
How did TLC's donation come about?  Did Brad contact you or vice versa?

SRC
NALug