 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 256
255  |  257
Subject:
Making up our collective minds...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:45:08 GMT

OK, like Michel suggested, it's probably a good idea to slow down the tossing
around of new ideas, and make some decisions.  Before we start deciding on
specific layout considerations, we should get some ground level stuff out of
the way.

When's our next show?  This is the first thing we need to figure out - it
determines our deadlines.

GETS 2001 - Michel has said that he can do this, and we're certainly welcome
back, from all indications.  Since GETS isn't until next September, we've got
lots of time.  Is there anyone who can't (or doesn't want to) do GETS next
year?

Supertrain 2001 - Michel can't do this, but is willing to provide the tables &
some track & stuff for our use.  We've been invited, and IIRC, someone
(Steve?) is in e-mail contact with them.  Supertrain is in Calgary, in
February - this means we're moving the whole shebang about 4 hours south in
probably crappy weather.  I'm willing to commit to the show, but only if
there's going to be at least 4 people there for the weekend (not necessarily
all 4, all weekend - but for setup and teardown & enough to allow some shift
rotation).  Is anyone else willing & able to commit to Supertrain?

Once we've got our deadlines sorted out, we can start figuring out how much
space we've got to work with.

James