 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *389 (-20)
  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Given the size and weight and hassle of the tables, my plan was to follow the KISS rule and just use rented tables from Calgary. An extension of that is that your grain tower would be a static model only. Plastic tablecloths - if you can pick (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

Steve, I need to know what you want me to bring to Edmonton for the Calgary show. So far I will bring the 1. Plastic tablecloths for skirting, but not the stappler or pliers. 2. Two transformers, with wall adapters, to be speed limited with the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Get-together January 13, 2001?

(...) AFAIK this one (URL) the latest and greatest, but I think Michel wanted to fix-up that "snake-loop" in the bottom left. In any case, that's the layout for the next Edmonton show with only Michel's (and James) tables. For SuperTrain2001 I'm (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Is that a yes? :-) (That small a transformer shouldn't "hum") (...) Good advice - I will make sure to use the best method, keeping in mind that safety (for the short LEGOmaniacs) is the most important factor. SRC (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) I haven't received anything via "NALug mail" since late November though... SRC (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Count me in. Building something as a group should be ... um ... an interesting experience. Does anyone remember if we had decided on a layout? -- John (remove the obvious to reply) James Brown wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Get-together January 13, 2001?

(...) Sounds good to me. The traditional BP is close by, but there are lots of other alternatives around here, too. My project for after Christmas is more like that latest layout I did, but that doesn't prevent me from filling up some other room (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) Seems to be working. I got an email copy of Steve's note. Didn't you guys all get my test email from last week, or this weekend, or whenever? :-) (...) Oh, by the way, I've put up my latest bedroom track layout in the dumb nalug page at: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Get-together January 13, 2001?

Well, how about it? Chris and I were talking about getting together to make a mountain some weekend in January, and Michel said he's only got the 13th/14th that he'll be in town, so how about it? I'd like to do an afternoon of building/discussion (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) I think "nalug@graysage.com" is our functional mailing alias, but I can't remember if I've seen anything from it recently. Can't check until I get home, either. :/ (...) I had to drill down to it, but graysage.com is up and running. (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Gray

Either my e-mail isn't working (I seem to be missing a lot of expected msgs.) or the NALug list isn't working. I know that it was going to change - I'll try NALug @ GraySage.com... Chris: Are you out of commission for the holidays? :-) I tried some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes: <snip> (...) I've got a staple gun - just pliers for removal though. ;-) (...) We've got more time available, (they let us in at 15:00) having the tables ready and waiting should help a lot, and I'm (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) As far as I'm familiar with, "Wall Wart" is pretty universal to the little humming boxes that get plugged into sockets on x-mas morning all over the place. On other fronts, I would highly sttongly advise against using a resistor. Too much (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Wall wart? Is that your pet name for the 9V transformer? :-) (...) AFAIK I'm the electronics guy - I actually should be doing some soldering right now instead of typing this. I could modify any excess controllers for slower speed. SRC (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Clear so far. A work crush might have to take precedence. Nothing on the horizon so far (at least that I know of). We just had our company xmas party tonight - rented the water park at WEM. I'm all water-slided out! (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I can include some (2 or 3) controllers, without the 9V wall wart. I have 2 110 ones which I am using the plugins for Mindstorms, and a Euro one (no different, same wall wart connection). LMK if you want 1 or 2 of them thrown in...I find them (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

Sorry I am so late in replying to this thread. We just came back from California, and yes, Legoland is neat. I was disappointed by the selection of Lego in their store. No large technic sets, only train sets were the track, the station and loading (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I was just talking to the chairman of Supertrain2001 by phone, and I'm thinking that perhaps it would be best to use both the existing tables AND some rentals. With James Powell's large contribution, we have enough track and trains to make a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I think the VIA train would be popular - hopefully the Christmas holidays will give James the time he needs to finish it in time for it's "world debut". He also has a LOT of containers and container cars. I'd like to focus a good chunk on the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) It's not like you don't have a few grey plates to compensate with. :-) (...) The tables are 2'x8', so $40 would give us a good chuck more space than we have with the existing tables. The cost shouldn't be an issue due to the "gate-share" (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact