 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *239 (-10)
  Re: More fun with TD...

(...) An alternative I've been thinking of is to have a largish mountain area, and have a small loop that runs entirely on the mountain. This avoids long regions of sloping track (although I have thoughts on that, too). Basically, I'm trying to get (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) That (...) If we have an extra table or two on the outside, place buildings in the center of the 61" span. Any derails would occur near the center hole or near the outside edge, where there is easy access. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) at (...) I have trans-dark blue plates and bricks which could be used to with lights behind them. Trans-red plates with flickering lights worked well for James' stove. I know I have these (all in trans-dark (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: latest layout photo

Hello Steve, The new train yard is much better. But, the elevated section doesn't really tie in to anything, it is just there because. The clearances are inadequate, both for the trains, only about 12 bricks I think, and the monorail track is about (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

(...) It would allow a train to run uninterrupted on both loops, such as we did at the end of the show. Plus as others have said, more options to do switching, other the the 5 finger way. (...) The neet thing about Matt Bates program, is that it (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

I am not sure how solid the tables are if there is a full opening on one side of the layout, I think it might open up fairly easily. I we have an opening in the outer ring, then more legs have to be made. There will be 2N+2 legs, where N equals the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

(...) Okie dokie, and you were the one who made the announcement, (URL) I'll take that as gold. Updated list with "?" removed: (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

(...) They are up on the PNLTC site at: (URL) P (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  RE: More fun with TD...

You can find the plans for the modular tables, designed by Ben, on the PNLTC web site. (URL) to the "Tools/Specs" page and you'll see "Modular Table Specifications". I believe that these can be downloaded as a PDF or WMF formats. Kim -----Original (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: More fun with TD...

(...) I think it's a good idea. Especially if the train yard is off only 1 line (likely), then we should either be careful to have a 2 way connection, or make sure that our engines run in 1 direction only. Keeps down the 5-finger switching I'm so (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact