 Organizations / Australia / 1625
Re: Aussie train org?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:33:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Who's into what kind of stuff? I've got some track, and some locos & rolling
stock, but I don't have much in the way of scenery / buildings etc.
I have old 12v stuff, some stock and could do some scenery.
Cool. I think scenery is gonna be the major requirement - a layout is nice,
but without scenery, it's kinda ordinary.
I have all 9V and am trying to get enough bits together to make some decent
scenery.

1. People. Firm commitments of time and possibly even money (hopefully
As Ross pointed out previously, my non-Lego building is taking up most of my
weekends at the moment, otherwise I am interested in being involved.

2. Tables. Either bought or built special, this probably will require an
investement of some money. On the flip side if you can store a table you can
use it the rest of the time. It'd be good to have some standard (ie all
built to same spec or all bought same).
Yep. Height is important. It's a pain having heaps of different height tables.
Any wood-workers among us?

Rather than re-inventing the wheel (or table in this case), here is one
example of standard table constuction:
http://www.pnltc.org/Modular_Table.html

Martin