 Organizations / Australia / 1643
Re: TALC: Train Show (was: Aussie train org)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 12:19:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Ross Crawford writes:
MARSFIELD - NSW. June 8-10, 2002 at the Epping Boys High School, Cnr Epping
Rd & Vimera Rd, Marsfield. Open 10am-5pm (Sat/Sun/Mon). Admission $8/$4/$20.
Organised by the Epping Model Railway Club Inc.
Yep, it's a long w'end. I have just spoken to Alan, he'll talk to the
organising commitee Friday and get back to us. I assured him that we wanted
to do a professional layout. This is going to mean nothing
unfinished/missing and probably a dry run January sometime.
More news here.
Alan has Okayed the idea of a LEGO layout, and I gave the dimensions as 4x3m
(ie, 16x12 baseplates outside perimeter.) Small I know, this is our first.
I'll work on layout plans but if anyone else wants to do a plan please do!
And post it on brickshelf or similar.

Here's one I prepared earlier(!) -

Got a couple of loops, a (small!) area in the middle if needed for operations,
plenty of siding room for storing trains, a town area, and a long straight
section if anyone wants to do a bridge.
Can't remember the exact dimensions, but I think I was working on about 4x3m >at the time...

Looks good. A reasonable amount of "town" space is a good idea at least the
first time.

Yep! Just gotta get some buildings to put there!

And the yard area off to the other side will make a good show.

Useful for staging trains with minimum "dead time", too.

Any objections to the plan as a draft, anyone?

James (who will have to borrow 150ish baseplates to cover the tables!)

Well, you dont necessarily have to cover the whole area. Also, you might
want to leave a hole in the middle for access (under tables!) But I've got
30 blue baseplates, if anyone wants to do a harbour scene...

ROSCO