 Organizations / Australia / 1634
Re: TALC: Train Show (was: Aussie train org)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 02:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.org.au, James Howse writes:
Final Call for naming of The Australian LEGO Train Club.

Currently
TALC (Trains of Australian LEGO Clubs) Two votes.
For other suggestions see previous posts.
Seems to me that "TALC", while forming a pronouncable word, is kind of clumsy >at best when working out the name ("clubs" plural?? Are there more than 1?)

By my count there are some 6 Australian clubs (one for each captial city).
To get numbers/models for any show we'd consider doing recruiting from more
than one club will be necessary.

And what happens when another Aussie LTC comes along?  Just some thoughts.

I don't think that'll be a problem. After all there's a lot less of us than,
say, another largeish LEGO market across the pacific. I've no problem with
other people doing a train show in Australia. But it can all happen under
the same name, even if involving different people.

My vote, if I had one, would be DULTC:-)

Cute, but again the same problem of what to do with another club if it came
along.

James (who doesn't care what we're called as long as we're called something)