 Organizations / Australia / 1626
Re: Aussie train org?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi all,

I know this's been discussed before, but nothing really came of it. There were
rumours that something along these lines (no pun intended) was discussed at the
last Sydney fest, and I know there's at least a couple of Melbourne people
interested in train stuff (which probably isn't enough for an org, especially
since one of them is busy building a (non-Lego) house).

So who would be interested? Do we want to look at setting up a mailing list or
something? Is there one already?

Who's into what kind of stuff? I've got some track, and some locos & rolling
stock, but I don't have much in the way of scenery / buildings etc.

It'd be good to get some solid plans together if we wanna do something with
this. Any takers?

ROSCO

I'd be quite willing and able to help with both time and all my trainy bits
IF (and its a big IF)I'm in Sydney at the time that the event is being held.
All my train (and just about all my lego) is in boxes in Sydney and I'm not
sure when I'm back, and definitely sure that those boxes wont be coming down
to Bad Driver city (read: Melbourne) unless im permanent here, which wont be
happening!

June..should be back in Sydney by then. So If we're voting to do it or not.
I'm a yes lets do it. My thoughts: we should either be modest and simply
make a foray into the model train show world with a simple display...or go
the other extreme and go the whole hog and have the wow factor.
Landscape/environment will be the key to the latter.

Can we make a model Uluru out of Lego bricks to have a train whiz past?
brown BURPS?

Santosh