 Off-Topic / Geek / 910
  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Hrmmm, when I whip it into shape, I will. :) Makes me wonder .... maybe we need .off-topic.job-networking ? ;D (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

Welcome, Mike... There's a buncha advice that goes around, but you won't KNOW you need it for about a year :-) Looking at my file of quotes, I'm interested to find that after all this time, the oldest ones seem the most useful: MAN IS A TOOL-MAKING (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Sounds like a good idea to me! We're hiring. You need to like to travel, though. (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) I keep hearing that from various places. I'm beginning to warm to the idea, but I guess I won't know _for sure_ until I actually do it for a while. I know I don't want to relocate, at least not anytime soon. We're centrally located between the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) When I say we're hiring, I'm talking to everyone, not just you, Mike... :-) Travel can be very very rough. You need a supportive wife. Mine does not work *outside the house* but she works very very hard, she deals with all the stuff that (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Name's a bit too long, more than fourteen characters and those dashes are a bit iffy too. Make it .off-topic.jobhunting . (...) If you need volunteers, you have my email. Maybe a once-over from a non-native speaker would help. Jasper (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Yeah, I know. I'm on a bit of a "I finally accomplished this goal I set for myself and I'm hopeful that I will get to do more cool stuff now" high right now, so I'm seeing most things with "me" tunnel vision. I'll calm down after the holidays. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Oh yes! Relo is one time pain. Travel is ongoing strain. However for me, we are pinned in the GR general area by a desire to be close to my wife's extended family (out of the cohort of about 20 or so grandchildren (people more or less my age) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) What are you looking for? Where in Michigan? Frederick. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) Looking for people with good development or architectural skills. Knowledge of Java a must. Knowledge of distributed system technologies such as RMI, COM, CORBA (preferred) highly desirable. Ability to work in highly unstructured, self (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Passed last exam - call me MCSE

(...) I like the working from home bit, but as I pointed out in my email; I just don't have the skills required. Oh, well. Fred. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)