 Off-Topic / Geek / 5005 (-20)
  (canceled)

  Re: Going up

(...) I agree with all of the above, even if I still have reservations about the value of manned space exploration. (...) I just hope that it's faster than the one in my building. It would be faster to walk into orbit. Dave! (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Going up

(...) That would be cool if it comes off. Color me skeptical for now. Space Elevators are an idea that has been around since forever, and if you have the materials strength to do it, they offer the cheapest way per pound of any technology devised. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Going up

Now (URL) that's> what I call upward mobility. Dave! FUT: OT.Geek (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  password management

It's time to revamp how I manage my passwords. I have a scheme now for generating different passwords for different sites but there are just too many. I did a little Google search: and came up with a few ideas generator approach: (URL) (put in the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  The Big Sleep

(URL) news!> FUT ot.geek only Hey, that's a nice hammer you've got there, buddy. (URL) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  VBScript Reference/Resource?

Can anyone suggest a good reference for coming up to speed on VBScript? We have a new application at work which supports VBScript as a scripting language. I am looking for a library of foms/gui widgets which I can adopt without having to code them (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Regina Maersk (First Maersk ship model from 1960)

stepping around minefields, aware that even the short paragraphs following include a few over simplifications (...) Didn't mean to imply that. I didn't even mention the word German. Just making the point that a building a model of a ship from "your" (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Regina Maersk (First Maersk ship model from 1960)

(...) I think you are correct in that it is a danish submarine. (...) German Submarines were not Nazis per say. Yes everyone in the German Armed Forces during WWII were in the Nazi party per say (not by choice but by default) but the german sailor (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Something new to join

Any one ever hear of SETI? If so I have started a SETI team. We don't get anything out of it, nor do we get praise. Well not yet, but if we find something you know you are going to get your 15 minutes of fame and of course the girls. LOL If you want (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) Ah. The old "precision vs.accuracy" thing. Got it. The funny (well, maybe it's funny--you tell me) thing is that I stumbled onto that listing by hunting for clone bricks. I searched "+tandem +block*" and that's what turned up. Dave! (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) I parsed it just fine. However I didn't get the meaning Clark did, what I got had something to do with Paris Hilton. So, fine, but incorrect. (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) It does--thanks! "PARIS HOT-HEAD TANDEM HEAD HAT BLOCKER" I was able to parse exactly 0% of that. Well, maybe the individual words sort of made sense, but all in a row like that, I was totally lost. Thanks again. Now if I need to steam some (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What is this thing?

(...) A industrial machine to shape the crowns of hats using steam. Here's a brief job description of the person running one of these: (URL) holes allow for steam to come through and soften the hats. The dual mounts allow one hat to soften while the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  What is this thing?

(URL) guesses?> (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Childhood Dreams Come True...Classic Space Homeworld Mod

I'm sure most of you swooshed your ships all over the house, and imagined them dodging through space, adventures aplenty. Well now, they really can have those adventures. (URL) Consider this a very small teaser of things to come. A demo of the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.cad, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Firefox Address bar

(...) Try PrefBar: (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Firefox Address bar

... Does anyone know how to clear it without having to clear the history? IE's bar was according to the recently accessed sites-- But my firefox's doesn't shift around the addresses at all. This is good in a way that I don't have to keep looking for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Stillsuits, anyone?

(...) I think he actually does that between movies, with or without a purifier. But can you imagine what it must be like to drink fresh, pure water for the first time in your life? To me, it's mind-blowing. Dave! (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Stillsuits, anyone?

(...) When I took a look I immediately thought of the movie Waterworld and Costner's character drinking his pee. Adr. (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact