 Off-Topic / Geek / 4992
Re: What is this thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dave Schuler wrote:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45036&item=7505597043&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting
Any guesses?>

A industrial machine to shape the crowns of hats using steam.

Here's a brief job description of the person running one of these:
http://www.careerplanner.com/DOT-Job-Descriptions/HAT-BLOCKER.cfm

The holes allow for steam to come through and soften the hats. The dual mounts
allow one hat to soften while the other is being worked.

HTH,
Clark