 Off-Topic / Geek / 4907
Re: Googolplex (was: Is lego *truly* unlimited?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:53:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Ross Crawford wrote:
I found the following amusing description of how to visualise a googolplex:
[snip]
From http://www.fpx.de/fp/Fun/Googolplex/GetAGoogol.html

Ha! Interesting how similar that actually is to the 'how many Lego MOCs can you
build' question, given that it only obtains a googolplex by measuring the number
of "distinct" states by a wholly ridiculous number of particles. And try as I
might, I can't get the number of Lego configurations to get much beyond
1x10^10^20-something. The factors just aren't big enough. If only you were
allowed to multiply the exponents instead of just add them. Ahh well.

DaveE