 Off-Topic / Geek / 4638
Re: New MOC: "Prowler" Autonomous Battle Tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 04:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Soren Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Mladen Pejic wrote:

   Patlabor II is awesome, I think everyone can agree to that. :-)

Oh yes. Mamoru Oshii is a Japanese Stanley Kubrick. Now if only he could handle his characters better...

Be warned, though. The Patlabor TV series and OVAs are nothing like the films.

Yeah, I’ve seen *some* of those too. Definitely more humour, and focus on the daily routine of the special vehicles unit, but I think I prefer the movies more. Patlabor 3 was crap though. It took the style of the Patlabor movies in a new plodding, boring, and overall meanier (i.e. the more “adult” talk, increased violence, etc.) direction.

Here’s hoping Oshii directs another Patlabor movie. Even if his characters are weak, I still like the way he blends politics, economics, and social issues into the movies.

   LOL, just remembering how they shot up those cables with shotguns brings a smile to my face.

Yeah, a 12-gauge the size of a streetlamp is definitely my favorite mecha weapon to date.

Yep, the shotguns are cool. I also like those batons. BLAM! You’re stunned!

;-)

Soren

Mladen Pejic