 Off-Topic / Geek / 4295 (-10)
  Re: Perl Help

(...) I find this documentation tree handy: (URL) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Perl Help

Sorry for the off topic post but there are a lot of developers here that might be able to help me. I learn code best by looking at a file and looking up all the stuff I don't understand in a help file or documentation. I taught myself VB and Delphi (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Thanks! Also, thanks from my wife too! I'm not sure if she has it working yet, but she'll get there. -TJ (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Yup, do that. Also try the notepad trick I suggested. If that works, then I would lay odds that the problem is with MS Office; I've noticed that from time to time. Also, (and I should have suggested this right off), check all the cable (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

Thanks for your repsonse. (...) Sorry :-) (...) It's on a network. (...) She's tried several documents. I'm guessing they're of varying size. (...) I think so. She'll only get out part of page 1 and then it hangs. (...) Yes, we'll try that. thanks, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Dang, now I'm sucked into this one, too. Is the printer directly connected to her computer or is it printing over the network (which exponentially increases finding the problem)? Since the printer seems to be physically working (plugged in, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

Hi James! Thanks for your response. (...) Yes. The message goes like this: "Error found while printing document to (printer name). Do you want to retry or cancel?" That was from an attempt to print from M$ Word. (...) Yes. The test page comes out (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with a printer

(...) Things to check: Are there any error conditions on the printer or the workstation? Can she print a printer test page? The method for doing this varies with which specific printer it is. I could tell you more specifics if I knew which model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Help with a printer

My wife is having a bit of a crisis at work. She's on a small network and their printer isn't working properly. She's the only one in the office right now. She's tried unloading and reloading the printer software, as well as rebooting the computer (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cleaning Dell Laptop Keyboards

(...) Well, I haven't been overly impressed with my Inspiron 5000 in general, although I only slightly use it anymore. Mainly I use my Titanium Powerbook at home and my Dual PowerMac G4 at work. I made the switch to Apple last year and aside from (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact