 Off-Topic / Geek / 4033
Re: Firefly Fans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:20:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Gil Shaw writes:
Just collecting some pictures this morning.....  ;)  Considering the job you
did on the Nebuch, I would LOVE to see what you could do with this.

Indeed - it is refreshing to see space taken seriously as good storytelling
will allow...placing a rifle in a pressurized spacesuit to allow combustion
to take out a mechannibalistic pirate rending station for instance.

Good Science is good but they need to get it right. The propelent in firearms
contains its own oxidents (SP) a modern firearm will fire in a vacumm. Think
about a bullet, the powder is inside a metal casing capped with a plug (the
bullet) where is the air ?

Lester (I like the show but don't fret the details) Witter

Great stuff.

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Adrian Drake writes:

All we need to do is start talking about making a minifig-scale Serenity,
and we can take it back out of .o-t.geek :)