 Off-Topic / Geek / 3961
Re: New MOC: Module!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:30:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message
news:H35nKp.821@lugnet.com...

<snip>

After all, there are similar towers in Toronto and Niagra
Falls.  The Space Needle just happens to be the coolest.

Well the Space Needle is undeniably the most iconic and well known. (605
feet)  But I happen to be a little partial to the Reunion Tower in Dallas.
(560 feet)
http://www.dallassky.com/p5-14.1.jpg

I honestly think Toronto's CN tower is in a completly different class at
1815 feet.
http://www1.leeds.ac.uk/~jeremy/www8/cn-tower.jpg

But that is of course nothing compared to the KTUL TV tower at 1909 feet,
located in...(queue twilight zone music)...Coweta, Oklahoma.

Um, isn't that "EX" tower? I heard it came crashing down last week.

list of tallest structures as of a while ago:

http://pub125.ezboard.com/fworldarchitecturecommunityfrm6.showMessage?topicID=31.topic

Nope it wasn't that one.. the one that came down was in Omaha and was
actually reported as 1965 feet... Collapse was reported by a reporter from
KCOW among other media...

http://www.theindependent.com/stories/092402/new_towerfalls24.shtml