 Off-Topic / Geek / 3830 (-10)
  Re: The Internet (R)*

(...) authentication issues with stuff like WinXP. Plus, I played with it at the store, what's the big deal except for the transparent colored interface? Well, I guess I would like that high resolution text thing XP has, but that's about it. I'd (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Sure, I'd even pay $10 to help Kevin out with the site and to have trusted user status. I'm very interested in seeing a solution to this. Brickshelf is a great (free) resource and I applaud Kevin for it. I understand totally his potential (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: The Internet (R)*

(...) Some more about it: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Agreed. The way I see it (if I may be so bold to suggest this) We all pay $10 (or whatever). Kevin gets money to help run the site and whatnot, and we get to be moderation-free and instant-uploady. Now, of course, if someone directs Kevin to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

Lindsay & All, (...) I would not mind paying that as well. It would help Kevin and others out. (...) Well, I agree to some extent, I think it is bad when people upload things that have to be monitored. However, some of these monitoring issues are (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Just as a note, folks - this is what currently is (at least for current content; I'm not sure about new). Most of my folders are unmoderated, but they're still quite viewable on my webpages here: (URL) "view now and moderate later" is (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) Likewise. I'd also be happy to pay a small fee to ensure that status-- I'd bet that those who seek to use the site to post idiocy and offensive things would be unwilling to put any amount of money where their mouths are. Nothing too crazy, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) I wholeheartedly second this, Chris, Kevin, and all. Tim Courtney (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

(...) <snip> (...) Ditto (...) Forgive me if I stray into the fantastic side of things for a minute - I'm not a computer buff. How about cross referencing Brickshelf and Lugnet so that those with Lugnet memberships are trusted users? That would (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Trusted Users (was Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question)

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Kevin Loch writes: <snippage> (...) Kevin, while I understand why the moderation takes place, and can imagine how frustrating it is to you, let me reiterate points that John Barnes and Lar (among others?) raised. I would (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact