 Off-Topic / Geek / 3815 (-20)
  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Kevin & All, (...) Well, if I am considered "geeky", most people think I am strange, they are pictures of my cars, then I guess you can call them geeky cars. Here are a few examples of my vehicles (I did not load everything up, just the three main (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) It's not as simple as Brickshelf where it either has LEGO related content or it doesn't. (...) Are the vehicles geeky or are they just pictures of random cars? Does the picture provide some expression of the geek lifestyle or is it just a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Kevin & All, (...) That's strange, but OK. (...) Well, since you are the head of it, Kevin, I would hope that you can define that same page. (...) So I guess I will need to ask again then, are vehicles allowed or not? If not, all vehicles should be (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) Keep in mind that different moderators may make different decisions about what is on-topic and what is not. Also, other content in the folder may sway their opinion about wether the folder as a whole is on-topic or not. Finally, since the site (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

Mark & All, (...) Yes, I have seen that as well this morning. And here are some more vehicles: (URL) it be possible to have some type of explanation of who deleted these pictures of mine, and the reason why, since there seems to be a good deal of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Turn your mouse into a cyro chamber

How to entomb your favorite mini-figure (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Live feed for Napa Police & Fire

There's a new site up with a live feed of Napa Police & Fire frequencies. There's also a chat area for people to talk about what they hear and/or other Napa related discussion. The site is at: (URL) DON'T PAY MORE FOR WEB HOSTING THAN WHAT YOU WANT (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Geekshelf Question - Vehicle Question

(...) Also, there is an Anime image on the recent page that has a picture of a female with a see-thru shirt on. I know its anime, but its pretty realistic. I am too wondering what the guidelines are. Mark (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The Internet (R)*

(...) It's already started (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  The Internet (R)*

I thought I would bring this up for discussion here, as the whole lot of us seem to be AT LEAST low-level computer geeks. This is scary: (URL) shows just how scary the above is: (URL) I thought .net was messed up. Now, I'm not one for total (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Motherboard, CPU, Memory

(...) It did? That's news to me. I saw them only a few months back, last time I had occasion to notice. Their website doesn't seem to be answering though... maybe you're right. Bummer. It was a thin shadow of its former self too, just a quarter inch (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  For Win98se!!! (was Re: Motherboard, CPU, Memory)

Sorry, one Last thing -- I'd prefer for this stuff to work under Win98se (much preferred) or WinMe (at the worst). Again, many thanks in advance, -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Motherboard, CPU, Memory

Hey Y'all: I am trying to help a friend with her computer woes and I think it may be necessary for her to simply upgrade to a more robust system at this time (she currently has one of those old Celeron all-in-one deals, the modem seems to have (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Brickshelf problems?

(...) I think my computer was deeply confused yesterday. . . Entering 206.131.246.52 in Galeon gave "library.brickshelf.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.", which has to qualify as one of the most bizarre error messages (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: HHEELLPPP! parts tracker messed up

(...) It could be one of the Imsai Series 2, supposed to ship in July: (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: HHEELLPPP! parts tracker messed up

(...) Front panel?!? What kind of hardware are you on? Real computers for real OSs don't have a front panel. You solder your switches directly onto the board... ;-) Jacob (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: HHEELLPPP! parts tracker messed up

(...) But real OSs don't know anything about lines! And they're booted by entering a JMP instruction with switches on the front panel & executing it... ROSCO FUT: .o-t.geek (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Looking for a movie - Robot Carnival

Hi, I am looking for a movie, Robot Carnival, if anyone is selling. I am looking for a VHS version, original, w/box in good condition. I can find it out on the web, but everyone wants an arm & leg. I would like to keep it around 15 w/shipping. My (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: More info here

(...) The solution seems obvious. Comment out the code that does this: numListeners += 1; (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: More info here

(URL) sure plenty of you have seen this but I missed it until just now. Just posting to let others like me know. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact