 Off-Topic / Geek / 3595
Re: Important Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:11:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ian Warfield writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:

I thought it was an incorrectly spelled reference to
Apogee's adventure game...

Would that be Crystal Caves vol. 1: The Trouble With Twibbles? :)

That's the one! I'm pretty sure it was a spoof of the Star Trek episode, but
don't know for certain...

Eh, only marginally.  It's mostly like Lode Runner, with space references
built in.  Have a look at http://www.3drealms.com/caves/.

I love those old adventure games and lighthearted shareware arcade games.
So much more fun than the brainless shoot-em-ups of today.  Even Myst III
wasn't as good as the first two in the series... *sighs wistfully*

Well, I don't like first person shooters either, which is probably why the last
PC game I spent much time playing was "Lemmings" (except for "Oh, no, more
lemmings" and "Christmas lemmings"). And 3-d lemmings was such a let-down!

ROSCO

What's cool nowadays is that people are starting to write their own text
adventure games.  There's a bunch archived up at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/.  And the Zork trilogy is now freeware!

Ian

XP lugnet.off-topic.geek