 Off-Topic / Fun / 9125
Re: Important Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:44:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ian Warfield writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ian Warfield writes: • <snip>

If you're exploring a mammoth underground cave in Kentucky, and you happen
to say "Plugh", does anything happen?

Only if "YOU ARE INSIDE A BUILDING, A WELL HOUSE FOR A LARGE SPRING", or
"YOU ARE IN A LARGE ROOM, WITH A PASSAGE TO THE SOUTH, A PASSAGE TO THE
WEST, AND A WALL OF BROKEN ROCK TO THE EAST" and "THERE IS A LARGE "\'Y2' ON
A ROCK IN THE ROOM'S CENTER"

Aw, but that gives it away. :) Although with so many adventurers since 1972,
don't you think the rock would have been souvenired by now?  (Woohoo, I just
invented a new verb!)

And they've still gotta work out how to *pronounce* the @#$%& word! And be
careful not to say "XYZZY" by mistake!

ROSCO

I say "plooh", and I giggle uncontrollably at those who say "pluff".  I
spell out "X-Y-Z-Z-Y", but I suppose that one allows more variance.

By the way, do the words work for every pronunciation?

Ian