 Off-Topic / Geek / 1727
Re: Problem with CD-ROM drive on Windows NT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:48:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
was teaching part time. Do you have a computer degree of some kind? I am
drifting into Architectural Mechanical Engineering, but I might try to • get a
computer degree some day as well. I was in Computer Engineering at Ohio
State, but they didn't have anything comparable up here, for the most • part.
Thanks for all the info.

Heh, I have a BA in Classical Languages - Latin and Greek.  I had more • hours
than were required to get a double major in English but I knew by the time • I
graduated that my degree wouldn't mean anything in my newly chosen field • (I
was going to teach before I started playing with computers) so I didn't • see
the point in taking some dumb 200-level lit class I had somehow managed to
skip.

I'll probably pick up another degree in the next few years - might as well
since I can take classes for free.  I'm planning on brushing up on my • Russian
this Fall, and since I am no longer bound by any sort of deadline I think • I
will finish up my Russian major.  I technically already have 48 hours in
Russian, but 45 of those were from my time at the Defense Language • Institute
and the dept here didn't like the idea of crediting me with most of a • major
without me doing all the upper level lit and history classes they
require...

Wow, I could never imagine getting that many language classes, although I
wish I could have picked up German, since half of my mom's relatives, my
mom, my sister, etc, all speak it. I know I have enough to get a Bachelors,
with some classes, I have two Associates right now.

In another totally unrelated matter, I am going to talk to the Systems
Department at Meijer tonight. They have a few positions there open, and I am
considering going to that department instead of pushing carts. It might be
more interesting at least. I am looking forward to working one job one day,
but this might be a good thing to stick on a resume.

Scott S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com