 Off-Topic / Geek / 1725
Re: Problem with CD-ROM drive on Windows NT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
was teaching part time. Do you have a computer degree of some kind? I am
drifting into Architectural Mechanical Engineering, but I might try to get a
computer degree some day as well. I was in Computer Engineering at Ohio
State, but they didn't have anything comparable up here, for the most part.
Thanks for all the info.

Heh, I have a BA in Classical Languages - Latin and Greek.  I had more hours
than were required to get a double major in English but I knew by the time I
graduated that my degree wouldn't mean anything in my newly chosen field (I
was going to teach before I started playing with computers) so I didn't see
the point in taking some dumb 200-level lit class I had somehow managed to
skip.

I'll probably pick up another degree in the next few years - might as well
since I can take classes for free.  I'm planning on brushing up on my Russian
this Fall, and since I am no longer bound by any sort of deadline I think I
will finish up my Russian major.  I technically already have 48 hours in
Russian, but 45 of those were from my time at the Defense Language Institute
and the dept here didn't like the idea of crediting me with most of a major
without me doing all the upper level lit and history classes they require...