 Off-Topic / Geek / 1718
Re: Problem with CD-ROM drive on Windows NT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:28:19 GMT

Yes, the original offending CD-R was unsuccessfully written with Adaptec
CD-Direct.  That has to be the worst CD-writing software ever.

Hmm... I have not had too many problems with it. I usually just burn music
CD's, so I don't use the original. It is good for that.

Anyway, the offending CD-R doesn't bother me too much.  What bothers me
more is the fact that when I boot up Windows NT, there is no way to
access the CD-ROM drive!  There is no "D:\" choice in the explorer and
trying to write "D:" in the DOS prompt yields an error message.  (I
wrote "E:\" above, sorry about that.)

Alright, is the CD-ROM showing up in your system under control panel? If it
is, does it have that yellow exclamation mark on it? I have some problems
with my Castlewood Orb drive, and I have to re-install it every now and
then. Is the CD-ROM from the factory, or did you install it?

Scott S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com