 Off-Topic / Geek / 1031
Re: Linux Certifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:51:12 GMT

Steven Vore <svore@mindspring.com> wrote:
Have any of you looked into certifications in the Linux space? Red Hat appears
to have a program(1), but I don't know what else exists and/or how valuable
this/these certifications are being viewed "out there".

There are a few others. A company called Sair has one. Check out
<URL:http://www.linuxcertification.org/>. There's more out there, but don't
come to me right at this moment....

Red Hat's has both the advantage and the disadvantage of being distribution
specific, where I think most of the others are trying to be vendor neutral,
although perhaps with vendor tracks.

It remains to be seen exactly how valuable any of the bits of paper one gets
from these places turn out to be.