 Off-Topic / Geek / 1061
Re: Linux Certifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:57:23 GMT

Jasper wrote...
composed of BOFHs only, they'll want you to show competency rather
than the ability to get certified.

BOFH?

I know by the time they get to me, I want to see technical compenancy,
though for the NT Support folks they won't have even gotten to me without
the paper.

A general lack of clue to go along with MCSEs unfortunately is not
rare.

unfortunately, I agree - though that goes for CNEs as well (and other
popular papers, I suppose).  There's often also a decided pro-ms or only-ms
slant to their thinking. *sigh* Why can't we all be well-rounded and
practically perfect in every way?

--
-Steven  "Nothin' But Net!"
http://home.mindspring.com/~svore/