 Off-Topic / Geek / 1067
Re: Linux Certifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:11:41 GMT

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:57:23 GMT, "Steven Vore" <svore@mindspring.com>
wrote:
Jasper wrote...

composed of BOFHs only, they'll want you to show competency rather
than the ability to get certified.

BOFH?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/000112-000003.html

A general lack of clue to go along with MCSEs unfortunately is not
rare.

unfortunately, I agree - though that goes for CNEs as well (and other
popular papers, I suppose).  There's often also a decided pro-ms or only-ms
slant to their thinking. *sigh* Why can't we all be well-rounded and
practically perfect in every way?

"why did you take the MCSE?" "So I can tell my boss to use
$FREE_UNIX_OF_CHOICE and be listened to."

Jasper