 Off-Topic / Geek / 1038
Re: Linux Certifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:47:09 GMT

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:09:37 GMT, "Steven Vore" <svore@mindspring.com>
wrote:

Agreed. But what about affecting salary?

Hey, as my manager once said (when I was asking if I should look into MCSE,
way back when), "it can't hurt."  :-)

I have never heard of people getting jobs, getting rejected for jobs,
or getting a higher salary based on RH certs. I _have_ heard of people
not getting jobs at least partly based on the fact that they were
MCSEs.

Again, take that as you will. My sample may be slightly biased.

Jasper