 Off-Topic / Geek / 1010
Re: Y2K bug in action
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:39:19 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Rather than looking for the proper way to remove any two characters, I just
changed it to 20. If anyone is still using this machine in one hundred
years, they can deal with it. :)

Why did you not choose to be a craftsman and fix the problem correctly?

The true craftsman makes the back side of the dresser just as good as
the front, it matters not that there is no one to see it, for the
craftsman would know, and be ashamed, if he did a slipshod woodworking
job.

(inside every crufty hack there is a small elegant fix trying
desperately to emerge)