 Off-Topic / Fun / 9669
Re: Earliest age you remember? (poll)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 02:51:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
No, not iron age or any flippant answers.  :-)

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=66

My cheap party question I ask people.  The vast majority of people who have
responded to this usually say they can't remember anything before going off
to school for the first time (kindergarten, age 5).  The lowest can date it
to being between 1 and 2 (she can remember getting a specific toy that her
parents could confirm the date on).

Oooh!  Fun question!  The earliest memory I can semi-reliably date is picking
up a dropped hairbrush for my mother while she was pregnant with my sister.  I
was born in May 1971 and my sister was April 1974, so that would put it
probably about February 1974, while I was still under three years old.  I also
recall talking to my mom via walkie-talkie while she was in the hospital after
giving birth to my sister, as well as decorating Easter eggs that same year.
  Strangely, I also recall my first Halloween--well, at least my first
trick-or-treat experience.  I was an Indian (Native Americans weren't invented
yet) when I was about 3 1/2.
  One disconnected but pre-4-years-old memory is of swallowing a green marble
from the game Stay Alive.  For all I know, it's still in there...

     Dave!