 Off-Topic / Fun / 9657
Re: Earliest age you remember? (poll)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:35:03 GMT

Groovy questions.

My first memories are from around when I was 3. I was hospitalized for a
couple of months. I remember the nurses' station quite vividly and -it was
around Christmas- this Green, red and blue light that I yanked off a table
and broke. I still can recall the nurses asking me if I broke it and I lied.

The earliest dream I can remember is from around the same time. I know it
was before we moved from our apartment to the house, and I was 4 when that
happened. In the dream I was down the beach with my parents. Suddenly the
Wicked Witch of the West arrived and pulled me into a stairwell, where she
cackled as the wind blew up a rainstorm. I could see my parents in the
yellow car they owned driving away, leaving me there.

Very scary.

-Evil "Scarred-For-Life" Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
No, not iron age or any flippant answers.  :-)

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=66

My cheap party question I ask people.  The vast majority of people who have
responded to this usually say they can't remember anything before going off
to school for the first time (kindergarten, age 5).  The lowest can date it
to being between 1 and 2 (she can remember getting a specific toy that her
parents could confirm the date on).

For myself, I have no problem remembering being three, and have 4 specific
things I can tie dates to (getting a scar on my leg, my brother going off to
kindergarten, my first halloween (I was a pixie), and my mother voting in
the presidential election (I even remember the house she voted at, who she
voted for, and the coat she was wearing).  Two is tougher because I don't
have anything to tie a definite date to, though I think I can go back to
under three (the problem lies in that I can't confirm anything with my
brother since he can't remember past...yes, kindergarten).

what's my name?...oh yeah...
Bruce

Anybody remember their first dream, or should I say what's the first dream you
remember?

I remember dreaming of the Jetsons, waking up confused and telling my mom I saw
the Jetson's in my head while I was sleeping. She then explained I had what is
called a dream :)

I don't remember how old I was, but I do remember a few things from when I was
close to 3. One being falling out of the highchair and cracking my head open
with a pony tail marble thingy.

Julie