 Off-Topic / Fun / 9652
9651  |  9653
Subject:
Earliest age you remember? (poll)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:09:55 GMT

No, not iron age or any flippant answers.  :-)

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=66

My cheap party question I ask people.  The vast majority of people who have
responded to this usually say they can't remember anything before going off
to school for the first time (kindergarten, age 5).  The lowest can date it
to being between 1 and 2 (she can remember getting a specific toy that her
parents could confirm the date on).

For myself, I have no problem remembering being three, and have 4 specific
things I can tie dates to (getting a scar on my leg, my brother going off to
kindergarten, my first halloween (I was a pixie), and my mother voting in
the presidential election (I even remember the house she voted at, who she
voted for, and the coat she was wearing).  Two is tougher because I don't
have anything to tie a definite date to, though I think I can go back to
under three (the problem lies in that I can't confirm anything with my
brother since he can't remember past...yes, kindergarten).

what's my name?...oh yeah...
Bruce