 Off-Topic / Fun / 9152 (-10)
  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) In an excercise designed to not get further replies, I'm certainly making a lot. :-) My art instructors singularly loathed anything done in (gasp) ball point pen. But to make you feel better, I saw a whole animated film done with ball point (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) The name "German-Style" games lost out in a hobby vote to "Designer Games", so that's what many people are refering to (dare I say it?) German-style games as now. There was a long list of names - I don't remember what I voted for, but I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) Well, I'm not an AFOL myself, but like the rest of LUGNET, I have plenty of hobbies outside of LEGO. What's best about these, are that I can directly implement them into my creations, and use them as inspiration for future models. Here's a few (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) Like many others, mine go in cycles. There are three main things that I've been doing all my life: playing games, acquiring books, and taking road trips. I've played several thousand board games and I currently own several hundred. I've played (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) I'm down to my last 60 pages in the last book. What a great series - it had to be for me to read all 20 books! (...) Left off my Dark Ages hobbies (sailing and radio-control car racing come to mind). And my passion for auto racing. Bruce (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) [...] My hobbies are in a state of constant flux - like the LEGO cycle of dark ages and activity, I go through a similar cycle with other hobbies/interests. But some of those are: * Commodore 8-bit computers (I got my first - a VIC-20 - when I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) During the summer months I enjoy 'power' kiting. I have quite a few kites ranging from a Stacker 6 up to a Skytiger 80. The latter is very scary. 4 stacker 6's: (URL) is a Skytiger 40 (my 80 is twice the area): (URL) is me with my 3 super (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

Art: Usually pencil, colored pencil, pen & brush ink, or water color. I had the huge whiteboard at work filled with drawings of my co-workers, so I suppose I'm a dry-erase artist, too <g>. This may move back from being a hobby to being my profession (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) Always an entertaining question :) I suspect that you'll find a lot of us are hardcore computer users, and I'm no exception. But don't think I spend all of my days cooped up inside the house feverishly building lego or playing Final Fantasy X, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

Magnus Lauglo wrote in message ... (...) indicate (...) Fun subject. My other hobbies/passions: Music (making it... I play celtic fiddle and classical violin) Music (classical and early music, listening to) Gardening SCA (Society for Creative (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact