 Off-Topic / Fun / 7863
Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 04:32:54 GMT

Jay Jacinto <manjingo@yahoo.com> wrote:

<GASP!> I love the toys, and Beast Wars had some great stories.  I
especially liked it when Ravage came back!  There was one line that made
me crack up.  Two bots were talking to each other after they had
discovered the Ark. They were attempting to break in to it because they're
enemies had just gotten in. They found it exceedingly difficult to break
in, and one bot remarked

"That thing is die-cast!"

To which the other replied

"They don't make 'em like they used to!"

An inside joke referring to the way the old tranformer toys were made.

The exact dialogue, from the Beast Wars episode "The Agenda, (Part III)"
is :

[Referring to the Autobot ship, "The Ark"]

Rattrap: "Oh man, that ship wasn't built, it was poured!"

Optimus Primal: "Die-cast construction." [facing the camera] "It's a
lost art."

Erik
(Who attended BotCon 2001 (the 8th annual TransFormers convention) in
Durham, NC this past weekend.
--
Erik L. Knopp
Lugnet Member #61