 Off-Topic / Fun / 7860
Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GGspCH.M18@lugnet.com, Jay Jacinto wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Mark Sandlin writes:

I don't like any of the Beast stuff. Just doesn't appeal to me.

<GASP!> I love the toys, and Beast Wars had some great stories.

Ok, part of why the beast stuff doesn't appeal to me is... well.. what's the
point? The original Transformers were created because the Ark repaired them
to be able to fit in with the vehicles and machinery of Earth. So they're in
"disguise" right?

What's the point of making a robot that can turn into an animal? Is it to
disguise themselves from animals? Why would you do that?

Is there some piece of back story from Beast Wars that will help me
understand this?

Actually, yeah...

Back in my "younger"(1) days, I watched Beast Wars.  When the Maximals and
Predicons crashed on prehistoric earth, there was a ton of raw energon
everywhere.  Their robot forms couldn't handle the exposure, so they used
the beast modes to shield themselves from the energon.  Thus, they could
only stay in robot form for a certain period of time outside of their
respective ships.

HTH,
-Chris

(1) - Gosh, I feel old. :-)