 Off-Topic / Fun / 7856
Re: Robots in Disguise... a good day for mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:09:29 GMT

in article GGsFMH.D5A@lugnet.com, Jesse Alan Long wrote:

I have mixed feelings about the new Optimus Prime but I never knew Ultra
Magnus.  I wonder when HE was on the old Transformers series?

He was in Transformers: The Movie. I don't know if he was on the cartoon,
because it wasn't shown in my area when it was on the air. :^(

I feel as
though as if I was watching Beast Wars/Beasties for the first time.  I mean,
I did not like the series at first, either, but it is not as horrible as I
expected and granted, the Transformers in that series were somewhat more
humorous but the sheer weaponry was generally not there as was the position
of the old Transformers and Transformers Generation 2 series.  I believe
that a person could easily confuse this a Transformers Generation 3 but that
would be a horrible insult to Transformers fans.

I don't like any of the Beast stuff. Just doesn't appeal to me.

I believe that Optimus Prime should be a tractor trailer as he was in the
original Transformers and Transformers Generation 2.

Optimus changed looks several times over the course of Transformers history.
He was usually a tractor trailer of some kind. Sure, I would probably like
it better if he were still, but I don't mind the fire truck look either.

I sure hope that LEGO can create these sorts of sets because I saw a clone
company produce sets similar to Transformers in Wal-Mart.  I believe that a
good idea would be for people to try and to have a contest to build
Transformers out of LEGO pieces.  This idea is only a thought and possibly a
suggestion and certainly only my opinion but I believe that it would be a
good idea in my mind.  What do you think of my opinion, Mark?

I think it would be very good for LEGO to produce mecha or transformer sets.
Unfortunately, the closest thing we have is Bionicles, which just aren't the
same. Oh well.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations