 Off-Topic / Fun / 585
Re: Monorail Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 14:05:09 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Well color me ignorant and brin on the figs and mice, but I don't know
what you mean by SNL. (12)

Saturday Night Live. A late night (1) live show on NBC, one of our major
networks (2) in which the performances were Live. (3) There were a
number of recurring characters (4) and this bit is a parody of the
Pathological Liar character.

OK, now I'm dying to know what figs and mice have to do with anything.

1 - post 11:30 eastern time, after the late local news
2 - currently owned by GE
3 - which is rather unusual these days. Everything usually is
prerecorded, unlike in the early days of TV.
4 - each actor that worked the show developed some... but as the show
has run for 20+ years, there have been a lot of actors coming and going
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.