 Off-Topic / Fun / 3892
3891  |  3893
Subject:
Michigan STATE is second RATE (was Re: For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:27:39 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

(Insert obligatory navigation-related U-M joke here ;) )

best,

Lindsay (a Spartan, tried and true)

Yes, MOST Michiganders, being U of M fans (1), find Spartans rather
trying.

Let's review... MSU got its start enabling folks to study animal
husbandry. (2) I, at least, went to a school that got its start enabling
folks to study rocks. Much less messy.

FUT off-topic.fun

++Lar

1 - I am a U of M fan in everything except Hockey, where I root for my
alma mater, 'da Tech. I know many alumni of other schools who favor U of
M over MSU, and few that are the other way round. Still, there's a few
bad apples in every bunch, I guess.

2 - and let's not EVEN go into what the modern connotations of "animal
husbandry" might be. Once a perfectly useful phrase, now it no doubt
connotes practices banned in many states.