 Off-Topic / Fun / 3912
Re: Michigan STATE is second RATE (was Re: For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:27:22 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

(Insert obligatory navigation-related U-M joke here ;) )

best,

Lindsay (a Spartan, tried and true)

Yes, MOST Michiganders, being U of M fans (1), find Spartans rather
trying.

I saw that lame attempt to convert the verb "to try" coming, I just didn't
expect *you* to resort to it!  For shame.  ;)

As for most Michiganders/anians being U-M fans, I disagree--in-state, I see
more MSU fans.  However, unlike U-M's fan base, they've actually *attended*
the school they're supporting.  The reason why there are more U-M fans
outside of Michigan is because more of State's student base is from within
the state.

Don't get me started on all the things institutionally wrong with the
University of Michigan--there are too many, and since I've seen the flaws
from "inside the Castle" they're all the more inexplicable. Besides, if I
start going on about those, we'll have to go back to .debate (or even to
.geek).

Let's review... MSU got its start enabling folks to study animal

husbandry. (2) I, at least, went to a school that got its start enabling
folks to study rocks. Much less messy.

Not necessarily--if a rabbit falls on me, nothing happens.  If a boulder
falls on you, I guarantee that it would be messier (but not Messier--that's
a galaxy apart).  I will, however, allow that rocks are much easier to
catch, and you save a lot of money on cages and feed.  I started at a
teachers' college, so technically I'm only beholden to MSU for one of my
M.A. degrees.  East Lansing, surrounded by cows on three sides and bull-- on
the fourth.

1 - I am a U of M fan in everything except Hockey, where I root for my
alma mater, 'da Tech. I know many alumni of other schools who favor U of
M over MSU, and few that are the other way round. Still, there's a few
bad apples in every bunch, I guess.

Michigan Tech?  Where the men are men, and the women are men too?  (I hear
the ratio has improved to 5:2 male:female.)

2 - and let's not EVEN go into what the modern connotations of "animal
husbandry" might be. Once a perfectly useful phrase, now it no doubt
connotes practices banned in many states.

Not really.  I'd presume that most people don't want to marry those
animals.  On the other hand, I'll bet that's banned, too.

-Lindsay