 Off-Topic / Fun / 3910
Re: Michigan STATE is truly GREAT ;) (was Re: For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:06:45 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Yes, MOST Michiganders, being U of M fans (1), find Spartans rather
trying.

The line said "tried," not "trying."  I've mostly found U-M/Ann Arborites to be the trying
ones.  Of course, I've never been found wanting.

Or even worse, Larry. I went to....
<MUSIC>
< The Imperial March starts playing >
OHIO STATE
</MUSIC>
for a year.

<Monty Python insert & change >

Burn him, burn him!!!

We found a Buckeye, may we burn him?

</Monty Python insert & change >

Talk about some interesting conversations at work, home, church, etc.

Actually, the "chief of staff" over at Princeton's department was an OSU grad, so she and I
would bond over mutual dislike of U-M.  I've never been to Ohio State's campus, but it's
supposed to be lovely, something I can't say for most of Ann Arbor's central campuses
(although that Law Quad is lovely).

best,

LFB