 Off-Topic / Fun / 1976
Re: Slippery Slope (was Re: Technic piece wanted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:31:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

However, back to the specific topic of 220V, I am beginning to resign
myself to using a stepup transformer, because I could, after all, rewire
my house to bring 220 to where I needed it and a stepup is just a more
convenient way of doing that than stringing 220 wire through the walls.

220, 221, whatever...

AAh, the slippery slope.

(Commonly known as those 2x2x2 extreme slope pieces that have no texturing)

First, it's "I *could* rewire the whole house to 220
avoid using a transformer; this is *merely* a convenience."  Then it's "this
Tyco
block *is* the same color, and I'm sure TLG would get around to making this
shape
eventually..."  Where will it end, Lar?  Where will it end?!  I'll be praying
for
you;-) [1]

<sniff><tear dab w/ hanky>

That was beautiful man. Such concern for a fellow builder.

[1]  McSpamcake, how does that work -- praying to one on whose behalf you are
praying?

In this case it's echoing the correct idea back to Lar thereby displaying that
you both are of one mind.

Or do we merely worship at Lar's feet, but pray to the real God?

It's breaking the law either way from the other's point of view.

What
about the First Commandment [2]?  Oh, oh, faith crisis....
[2] The real one, not "Thou shalt have no other bricks before Lego";-)

Gentlereaders, please pardon John in this moment of insecurity. Apparently he's
been screening too many T-shirts. Plus, he's had a history of photo-allergic
reactions to flourescent lighting.

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that Dr. Scholl's makes excellent spamcake inserts.