 Off-Topic / Fun / 1962
1961  |  1963
Subject:
Slippery Slope (was Re: Technic piece wanted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:04:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

However, back to the specific topic of 220V, I am beginning to resign
myself to using a stepup transformer, because I could, after all, rewire
my house to bring 220 to where I needed it and a stepup is just a more
convenient way of doing that than stringing 220 wire through the walls.

AAh, the slippery slope.  First, it's "I *could* rewire the whole house to 220 to
avoid using a transformer; this is *merely* a convenience."  Then it's "this Tyco
block *is* the same color, and I'm sure TLG would get around to making this shape
eventually..."  Where will it end, Lar?  Where will it end?!  I'll be praying for
you;-) [1]

[1]  McSpamcake, how does that work -- praying to one on whose behalf you are
praying?  Or do we merely worship at Lar's feet, but pray to the real God?  What
about the First Commandment [2]?  Oh, oh, faith crisis....
[2] The real one, not "Thou shalt have no other bricks before Lego";-)

-John