 Off-Topic / Fun / 1705
1704  |  1706
Subject:
Star Wars <=> Star Trek
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 21:13:11 GMT

I'm not posting this in lugnet.starwars in order to reduce the amount of
flamage I'll receive.  :-,

The title "The Phantom Menace" has always bugged me -- the wording seems
pretty silly / trite.

Hmmm...  Lesse...

Star Trek episode one was "Star Trek: The Motion Picture".  Acronym,
"ST:TMP".

Star Wars episode one is "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace".  Acronym,
"SW:TPM".

This is way too close to be coincidental.  I thought Lucas was supposed to
burn out *after* these new movies are in the can.

Cheers,
- jsproat

May the Force be with y'all.