 Off-Topic / Fun / 1704
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 18:17:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:

Hehehehe!  It may just be Ice Cream, but I'm not sure.  I *think* I heard this
on the history channel.  There's another I forgot to mention.  In Florida, it
is illegal to tie your elephant to a parking meter.  ;)

That's because they can't cash in on it. I can see some of the courtroom
proceedings now:

Defendant: "Well there wasn't a meter when I got there, your honor."
Judge: "No meter at all? We have other parking tickets dated that day for that
meter, including one for your car."
D: "Well actually, it wasn't installed so I thought it was broken."
J: "Please explain."
D: "When I came late out of the movie theater, I found the meter still on its
pole but it had been ripped up from the sidewalk and thrust through my front
windshield."
J: "And that also explains the basis of your countersuit against the city,
claiming that city property damaged your car?"
D: "Yes sir."
J: "The officer on the scene said that he found peanut shells on the
surrounding sidewalk and in your car, and that the concession counter attendant
had stated that you had purchased peanuts during the course of the movie."
D: "I have brought with me documentation from my doctor stating that I am
seriously allergic to peanuts. But I was just buying a bag for my girlfriend."
J: "And what's this other countersuit? Medical bills for back injuries and a
sprained wrist?"
D: "Yes sir. I managed to slip in a huge pile of animal waste at the scene."
J: "Hmm."

-Tom McD.
when replying, at the theater don't buy spamcake.