 Off-Topic / Fun / 1702
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 17:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Jeff Stembel wrote:
All laws are reasonable, even that one in New York(?) that says it is • illegal
to have an Ice Cream cone in you pocket.  ;)

Oh, that is *so* unfair to us ice cream enthusiasts.  This is cruel and
unusual nourishment, and has language *specifically* addressing it in the
Constitution.

LOL

I get around that law by carrying it in my shoe. But I guess I'm still • breaking
the Constitution!

BTW, is it just the cone that's illegal or does it have to have ice cream in
it? Here in California if there was no ice cream in it, you might be able to
get off the hook by shifting the burden of proof to the prosecution to show
that the cone contained/was intended for ice cream at the time of hidden
possession. Otherwise, reasonable doubt (a term which still has yet to be
defined properly here in Ca.) could dictate that it is not truly an "ice cream
cone" but a "dessert cone", perhaps meant to hold M&M's(tm), or a "frozen
confection cone" used for sherbet or sorbet, all of which are clearly not ice
cream.

Hehehehe!  It may just be Ice Cream, but I'm not sure.  I *think* I heard this
on the history channel.  There's another I forgot to mention.  In Florida, it
is illegal to tie your elephant to a parking meter.  ;)

Jeff