 Off-Topic / Fun / 1176
OT: OM (was: Re: Rare? SW sets FSOT:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:05:07 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

They were the talk of the OM (1) competition on Saturday too.

1 - Odessey of the Mind. One reason we moved to Ada is that Forest Hills
schools rock this competition on a consistent basis, with several
national champ teams in the last 10 years. Taya's team didn't win,
though. Maybe next year.

How do you like OM?  (I guess you do, since you mention it.)  I studied
it very briefly in one of my several gifted ed courses and it sounded
great.  Some of the problems that I have with many of those
extra-curricular brain competitions is that they're too competitive,
it's often impossible to assure that the kids did the work (as opposed
to the parents), and they're too structured in the wrong ways.

What has OM given to your kid(s)?  Are they involved in any of the other
programs of  this sort?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks