 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1094
Re: Rare? SW sets FSOT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:26:07 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Yep.  I checked a Target, Kohl's, and TRU today - nothing.  They'll be
here soon enough though.  Not that I'll pay full price for them.  I'll
wait for them to go on at least a 20% off sale.  Picked up 6 3053's
and a handfull of Adventurer polybags that way this weekend.

My prediction is that unless we get lucky, it's going to be a while
before even a 20% sale comes to pass at any kind of well run
establishment. I saw the TLG Starwars ad TWICE on Nickelodeon this
morning, just in 1 hour. Nice ad. Should boost demand even more. I think
spottyness will clear up and they will be solidly available within a
month or two, but no major deals till at least after this Christmas.

Nik is the envy of his 1st grade class because he's built 3 of the 5
sets now.

They were the talk of the OM (1) competition on Saturday too.

1 - Odessey of the Mind. One reason we moved to Ada is that Forest Hills
schools rock this competition on a consistent basis, with several
national champ teams in the last 10 years. Taya's team didn't win,
though. Maybe next year.
FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.