 Off-Topic / Fun / 11415
Re: Cafe' Corner (10182)--is anyone building this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:

   And this brings me to my main gripe with the Bionicle line. Sure, it has been a cash cow for TLG, but all of those $10 sets that go into the pile can’t build much else

Shame on you, John! Haven’t you read all of the Bionicle fan-posts here over the years? Bionicle’s tightly limited range of single-purpose elements actually improve creativity, rather than restricting it.

Why, with your collection of Bionicle bits you can easily build a guy who looks like a skeletal robot. And after that, you can build a robot that resembles a skeletal guy. And after that, you can build a skeleton that resembles a robot guy.

Um...

But that’s okay, I suppose, because it ends up that millions of American boys are buying millions of $$$ worth of Bionicle to build those 3 things. So what ends up good for TLG is good for me (taking the cynical, pragmatic road here:-)

Plus, Kelly keeps the riff raff off of LUGNET for us, too! :-)

JOHN