 General / 53618
Re: Cafe' Corner (10182)--is anyone building this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 08:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Crandall wrote:
   Hi, all--

My wife, mom-in-law and I are in the middle of our Memorial Day Weekend building project. Most folks put up a shed, or a swingset or something--we’re building the Cafe’ Corner. It’s a fun family project, let me tell you. (It hasn’t, by the way, kept me from scoring a lot of elements at a local garage sale--more Bionicle and a lot of neat parts of things I’ll be doing the detective thing on for some time. But I digress.)

In the midst of all this, my wife asked a a simple question: “Does anyone actually buy and build the Cafe Corner, or is everyone just buying it and storing it to sell later on?”

She has a good question. We know people are buying the Cafe’ Corner...but what are you all doing with them?

So, I’m turning to you good people. (After all, you’re also the ones buying these...right?) Are you really building them, or are these an investment?

Post your answers here--I am hoping this’ll be interesting reading, if nothing else.

Play Well and Prosper,

Matthew “The Brick Detective”

I (or rather my wife and I) built mine over the space of a week. Its the first set that she has been remotely interested in. It still sitting there waiting for me to build an interior. I sometimes feel unusual in the AFOL world because theres no way I could justify affording to buy a set this big for parting out or to sit there in the box.

Tim