 Off-Topic / Fun / 10924
Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:06:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steve Runnels wrote:

   Something that’s key with the new forum is moderation. Even when/if we see major changes for Lugnet, I’m pretty sure moderation will not play any role. And I’m not just talking about moderating offensive, etc posts. I’m talking being able to say “hey, you’re annoying, get a clue.” And then do something about it instead of is just causing yet another war.

Moderation is a tricky skill to get right, and done wrong is far worse than a self-moderated forum. Are you up to it?

Absolutely. The mods will rule with unjust elitism! But seriously, the mods we have are well suited at making their points clear. If honesty is a bad thing, then so be it.

   CC, FBTB, etc have all had success with their projects away from Lugnet. And all too often we’re seeing spacers looking for the same thing. Also, now that castle/starwars/bionicle have moved out, it’s the spacers who are getting the bad rap around Lugnet, so it’s time to start focusing our energy elsewhere.

The spacers are getting a bad rap? News to me. Maybe it’s just you. ;)

Well, perhaps that’s not the best way to word it. And, after thinking on it for a bit... I still can’t come up with a good way to word it. heh :p

   I see a place for a separate website. I like how Classic Caslte has a repository of building techniques/animals etc. Something like that for space would be cool. The benefit I see in a classic-space forum/website is the stuff it can do besides the forums.

Oh, definitely. And that’s where it will be headed. There’s no point in talking to each other if the only thing we have to talk about is talk. That’s partially why it was created.