 Off-Topic / Fun / 10925
Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:07:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steve Runnels wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Terry Prosper wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald wrote:
   Hello fellow Spacers and maniacs who like space stuff!

Since I know we can’t ever talk about Lego Space enough, there’s a place set up just for it.

http://www.classic-space.com/forum/

-Tom McD.
http://www.spamcake.com

Can I ask why not simply post on Lugnet.space instead of creating a new website for the same purpose?

The page header is awesome, nice work.

Terry

The most important reason is because Lugnet has fallen behind, nothing has changed, it’s time for a fresh start.

Perhaps there’s a lot going on in the background. I’d like to say I haven’t given up on Lugnet entirely yet.

Something that’s key with the new forum is moderation. Even when/if we see major changes for Lugnet, I’m pretty sure moderation will not play any role. And I’m not just talking about moderating offensive, etc posts. I’m talking being able to say “hey, you’re annoying, get a clue.” And then do something about it instead of is just causing yet another war.

I still haven’t heard a good rationale for moderated forums other than “I want to be the boss”. A good bit of the support for moderated forums seems to come from moderators (or those who want to be moderators).

Is it that difficult to listen to people you don’t like or don’t agree with? I mean, if you only want to hear from someone who agrees with you, why not get off the internet and talk into a mirror?

I will miss seeing all the great MOCs in .space, just as I lament the diminished traffic in .castle. As I said the last time this issue was raised, I guess some people would rather be a big fish in a small pond.

Marc Nelson Jr.